We’re building a legendary team of creatives to help us make Dovetail a brand people love. The Creative Studio will operate as a small cross-functional team inside Dovetail and will be tasked with strengthening our brand and developing a voice that resonates with our community. We’re inspired by companies like Atlassian, Intercom, InVision, and Slack.
As a member of the Creative Studio team, you’ll not only work closely with graphic designers and writers, but also collaborate with our broader product and marketing team including designers, researchers, product marketers, and customer success managers.
We’ve recently launched a digital publication which explores the craft and challenges of understanding people while working in the madness of organizations worldwide. The Content Editor will add real value to the lives of the people in the community, positioned as the trusted voice of the community, creating and surfacing engaging and helpful content.
What you will do
As an editor at Dovetail, you’ll be expected to:
- Own the process. Establish and maintain the end-to-end content delivery process for Dovetail’s digital publication, from idea inception through to delivery and promotion.
- Execute on content. Coordinate excellent pieces of content across a variety of mediums from start to finish, delivering in line with an editorial calendar and deadlines.
- Publish multiple articles every week. Be comfortable with high content throughput to satisfy a super active community and drive our organic search goals.
- Set the vision. Become an expert in our customers, user personas, and the user research space, and work with the marketing team to set the direction of our publication.
- Manage creators. Nurture creators to create high-performing and quality content.
- Engage the community. Connect with our community to craft stories about their practice, developing storytelling opportunities and generating ideas for content.
- Improve based on data. Establish key metrics and iterate on your strategy; monitor analytics via data platforms; report on progress; and spot opportunities to improve.
- Learn from others. Complete competitor and industry analysis to assist in strategy development and improvements to how we execute on content marketing.
As an editor at Dovetail, ideally you will join us with:
- Editorial experience: Recent, hands-on experience producing industry-leading content. We want you to write something in your first week!
- Strong creative writing skills. Demonstrate experience in taking dense technical concepts and translating them into meaningful emotionally-anchored stories.
- Passion for great content. A genuine dedication to the industry, your craft, and a drive to be the best. After all, you’ll help us define the future of Dovetail as we grow. You’ve got to love what you do, otherwise it’ll be a tough gig!
- Excellent communication: Skillful, concise communication to easily convey your opinions and feelings with other teammates, founders, and customers. Honest, thoughtful, and transparent communication is critical to our success as a business.
- A great attitude. The right attitude towards a sense of urgency, risk, and uncertainty about the future that comes with working at an early-stage startup. This is not big blue. This is an opportunity to be involved in an exciting journey from the very start.
- Pragmatism. Ability to deal with ambiguity, be resourceful to solve problems, and adjust to shifting deadlines and project goals.
As a bonus, it would be incredible if you had:
- An active interest or first-hand experience working in the user research / Research Ops / product design / product management space.