We believe in building incredible software that’s affordable, easy to use, solves customer problems, and that our customers can try for free and buy themselves. We’re inspired by companies like Atlassian, Canva, Datadog, and Slack who have built amazing products with incredibly sales-efficient businesses. This product-led growth strategy has seen us expand to hundreds of customers like Shopify, Boston Consulting Group, Square, VMware, GitLab, and more – all without a sales team.
Now, as a result of increased inbound demand from enterprise, we are looking to bring on a sales-focused hire to complement this growth by bringing a human-touch to the self-service sales model that has taken us to where we are today, and to support the needs of our enterprise customers as they purchase Dovetail.
What you will do
As Enterprise Account Manager at Dovetail, you will be expected to:
- Manage the full sales cycle. You will manage the entire sales cycle for Dovetail’s enterprise customers, from inbound lead to close, through a consultative sales approach. You will help customers navigate complex sales cycles and manage relationships with procurement, IT, and legal to close new business.
- Consult with leads on how we can help. You will create and deliver your own consultative product demonstrations, tailored to customer needs, for a range of audiences. 90% of our leads are not located in APAC, this role will involve some early morning and late evening calls to cater to our global customer-base (flexibility with working hours is required).
- Develop sales processes and strategy. You will experiment with and establish operational playbooks, practices, processes, and resources to eliminate inefficiencies and evolve our human-assisted sales process in support of our product-led sales strategy.
- Establish sales performance. You will establish processes and management systems to measure the performance of all aspects of the enterprise pipeline and sales process, and provide timely updates and visibility on sales performance to the wider team.
- Maintain helpful and enthusiastic relationships with leads. You will foster a desire to help leads and their stakeholders in every interaction throughout the entire sales cycle to ensure a delightful and positive experience.
As the only sales-focused hire at Dovetail, ideally you will join us with:
- 4+ years experience in a consultative sales role for a SaaS business, with at least 2 years focused on mid-market and/or enterprise.
- Experience contributing to an early-stage sales team to build the function from the ground up, and/or experience outperforming in a high-growth sales environment.
- Extensive consultative selling skills, with skills to navigate complex enterprise sales cycles, while delivering a delightful customer experience throughout the process.
- Exceptional analytical and problems-solving skills, with the operational skills to develop, report on, simplify, and improve sales processes.
- Excellent, concise communication so you can easily convey your thoughts, opinions, and feelings with customers and teammates.
- The right attitude towards a sense of urgency, risk, and ambiguity that naturally comes with working at an early-stage startup.
As an added bonus, it would be incredible if you had:
- Experience selling in research, design, or customer experience product categories.
- Competitive salary plus equity.
- Flexible working hours – we value work-life balance.
- Personal learning and development budget.
- Office snacks, cereal, sparkling water on tap.
- Sit-stand desks, 4k 27” monitor, Aeron chairs.
- Pet friendly office including a terrace, BBQ, concrete floor.
- Regular events like yoga on Tuesday and monthly social events.
- Annual company retreats
- Regular lunch and learn events with other companies.
This is a full time role in Sydney, Australia. Some flexibility with working hours is required. If you fit the criteria and the job description sounds exciting, please apply now.