What you will do
As a Senior Software Developer at Dovetail, you will be expected to:
- Identify, define, design and implement technical solutions for Dovetail’s web product to successfully fulfil the needs of our customers
- Work closely with the CEO, CTO, other developers, external stakeholders, and customers to proactively gather, understand and prioritise areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with colleagues to evolve the existing feature set for Dovetail’s web product, including both “backend” and “frontend” development.
- Maintain and foster a pragmatic approach to software development within and across our teams (think - “Just in time engineering”)
- Mentor colleagues to promote team wide career and personal growth through established practices like code review, pair programming, design sparring, etc.
- Contribute new features written in programming languages like TypeScript Node.js, TypeScript React, HTML, and CSS.
- Collaborate towards the establishment of detailed guidelines and standards for product development processes based on industry best practices and your experience.
As a Senior Software Developer, ideally you will join us with:
- Several years writing code and managing teams at other startups or world-class software companies. You should be able to hit the ground running and step into team management as we grow.
- The mindset of a problem solver or problem finder
- Extensive hands-on exposure to building the frontend and backend of web products with technology like TypeScript, React, GraphQL, Node, ProseMirror, PostgreSQL and AWS.
- Practical knowledge of how to architect cloud services so they can scale to thousands of concurrent users worldwide (“web-scale” if you will!)
- An understanding of all roles involved in product development—from product management to marketing—and the ability to explain how each one adds value to the business.
- Excellent, concise communication so you can easily convey your thoughts, opinions, and feelings with other teammates, founders, and customers.
- The right attitude towards a sense of urgency, risk, and uncertainty about the future that comes with working at an early-stage startup.
- Experience articulating constructive criticism on architectural or design decisions beyond phrases like “I don’t like it” or “it doesn’t look good”.
- The ability to offer thoughtful opinions on important business decisions like fundraising, hiring, and establishing management structure if / when it’s required.
- Competitive salary plus equity.
- Flexible working hours – we value work-life balance.
- Personal learning and development budget.
- Office snacks, cereal, sparkling water on tap.
- Sit-stand desks, 4k 27” monitor, Aeron chairs.
- Pet friendly office including a terrace, BBQ, concrete floor.
- Regular events like yoga on Tuesday and monthly social events.
- Annual company retreats
This is a full time role in Sydney, Australia. You must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this role. If you fit the criteria and the job description sounds exciting, please apply now.