Participants haven’t received any questions
Here are a few suggestions to help you troubleshoot.
1. Check the study is running
On the right-hand side of the study Summary, make sure it says Running.
2. Check participant details
Check that the information you have configured in Dovetail is correct so we know where to send questions.
- Email addresseses should be ‘original’ and not aliases.
- Mobile numbers need to be in international format. They should start with a country code (e.g. +61) and the leading 0 should be removed from the number.
- Check timezones are correct.
- Check participants are not paused.
3. Check your question schedules
Because questions are sent locally according to each participants’ timezone, if you have just started your study, it's possible that you started it after the first questions were scheduled to be sent for some participants.
For example, let's say you are in London, and click Start at 8am on Monday 10 April. You have some participants in San Francisco (UTC−8:00) and in Sydney (UTC+10:00). You have configured your first question to be sent in one hour, at 9:00am on Monday 10 April. Here is the chain of events:
- The study will start immediately when you click the Start button at 8:00am in London, which is Monday evening in Australia, and Sunday night in San Francisco.
- Your Australian participant will not receive the first question you scheduled because the date 9:00am Monday 10 April has already passed for them before you clicked Start in London.
- Your San Francisco participant however will receive the first question in 9 hours, because their timezone is behind you.
Still no luck?
If your participants are still not receiving any questions, please get in touch with us.